Monday, March 2, 2009

Crue Christian Peck




Crue was born on 3/1/09 at 5:04 by c-section. He was 3.5 weeks early. Mandy woke up with contractions every 4-5 min at 1:00 am and we left for the Hospital at 1:40. Thanks Sam and Emily for coming to spend the night with the girls. We got to the hospital and Amanda was dilated to 7cm, the doctor ordered some labs. While we were waiting we watched Air Force One on TNT--a great movie. We got prepped and went to the OR. The surgey went quickly without any complications. I just learned to suture on my oral surgery rotation and had successfully placed 3 stitches in a couple of my patients after extracting some teeth, so I asked the doctors if I could sew Amanda up. They quickly shot me down and made me stand the corner. Crue weighed 6lbs 11oz and was 20 inches long. He was having problems breathing so they admitted him to the NICU. His x-rays revealed hazy lungs which signifies either fluid in the lungs or underdeveloped lungs. The neonatalogist suggested that he probably had both because he was early and because he didn't come through the birth canal which helps squeeze the fluid out. He is breathing on his own but requires oxygen to help keep his blood saturated. We haven't been able to hold him yet, and he is getting food through his IV in his hand. The doctors expect him to make a full recovery and be out of the NICU in 4-7 days. I left the hospital at 10 that morning to go get the girls. Kayla showed Sam the recipe for crepes which is their favorite breakfast as of late and taught him how to make them. They turned out really well, but the girls thought he was silly when he cut them in half and he wasn't supposed too. Later I took the girls to see Crue. They drew some pictures for him and thought he was really cute. They are excited for when he comes home.

16 comments:

Liz & Jeff Dennis said...

I am so glad he is here! I will keep yall in my thoughts and prayers. I know somewhat what yall are going through.

Amber said...

Congratulations Mander! We are all so excited to see little Crue! I hope both of your recoveries are quick. We are thinking about you and love you!
Amber and Family
Cassi and Family
Auntie Deb

The Batts said...

Congrats Christian and Amanda! He is darling! You have a cute family. I hope that the recovery process goes well for everyone. Enjoy those little fingers and toes - they grow up and change way too fast! (PS - I am SO glad that they didn't let you stitch up Mandy! I would have had serious issues if I thought Chris had stitched me up!)

HORROCKS FAMILY said...

Congratulations!! I wish we could see all of you! I thought having Baylee and Deeg's birthday's two days apart was hard. You guys are going to have a crazy, expensive week!! Keep us updated on how you are all doing!

Lindsay G. Photography said...

He is darling--congratulations! Love you guys!

The Roberson Family said...

Congratulations you guys!! He is so cute.

The Roberson Family said...

Congratulations you guys!! He is so cute.

Lindsay said...

Congrats Peck family. Your girls will be such good little helpers. hope he comes home soon! How much did he weigh?

Pace Family said...

Congratulations Friends...We are so glad that things are going good. I can't wait to hold little Crue. We miss you all and hope everyone makes a good recovery. Hugs and kisses to everybody. we hope to see ya soon.

The Duncan's said...

Ohhhhh he is so handsome. Christian you didn't really ask to stich her up did you?

Maclaine & Sara said...

Congratulations to all of you--he is a cute little guy & I really like his name. We love you!
The Hamilton Family :)

Steve and Ashley Clawson said...

Welcome Crue! Congrats Mandy and Christian, he is so handsome! I can totally believe Christian asked the doc about helping... What is it with these dental students? When I had Camri, Steve asked to "help" and ended up delivering her! Good thing your doc said "NO!". Congrats again, let me know if I can do anything for you guys.

Chris and Michelle said...

Congrats! I love the name Crue! He is such a cute baby! In his picture I think you looks like christian. I hope his recovery is fast and goes well. Babies are such a blessing and the closest we can get to heaven! You have a darling family and we wish you the best!

The Preece Family said...

Congrats Amanda! That's so exciting - I bet you are just so thrilled to have him here safe and sound! Hope you're getting lots of rest. He's adorable. Love, Jenny (Smoot)

Pace Family said...

Christian I want more pictures already. I'm pretty sure your mom told me you are on spring break you slacker so get busy with the camera. Also Dillan wants one of Kayla so she can Print it off and put it in her little frame she bought so if you could that would just be tops. Thanks and we hope things are going sweel. Should I send something in the mail, or with your mom. When is she coming again?

anne said...

Hey congrats you guys! I'm glad the delivery went well and hope Crue is already home.
Can't wait to come out and see him...and you...if we ever get some money. :)

btw...He's cute. :D