Monday, March 2, 2009

Birthdays







Well February has come and gone and so did 3/4 of our birthdays. Amanda's was the 19th. We went to the Byrd theater, a beautiful historic theater, to see Twilight. The was romantic stuff was cheesy, but the vampires were awesome. The most exciting thing was Amanda having contractions all through the movie. The next night we went out to eat as a family, but all the restaurants had a 2 hour wait. After driving around for 45 minutes we decided on Panera Bread, a soup and sandwich place and they had our food to us in 6 minutes for which we were truly grateful.
My on the 23rd was pretty uneventful. I saw patients during the day came home and ate gourmet burgers courtesy of Amanda's Burger Barn. They were fantastic-- ground sirloin, bacon, white cheddar, guacamole, romaine lettuce, tomatoes, onions, mushrooms, all on a toasted sesame seed bun. I spent the night studying for an oral surgery exam I had the next day. I took a small break to enjoy my favorite homemade cake german chocolate with coconut pecan frosting; courtesy of Amanda's Ace of Cakes a family tradition since 2003. Mylee's Birthday was the 26th. I didn't have a patient in the morning so I got to stay home and spend the morning with her. She loves playing memory, a card matching game, and is really quite good. She decided to have cinnamon rolls for breakfast, and spaghetti and meatballs for dinner. She wanted a chocolate cake with green frosting.

7 comments:

marci and josh said...

Happy Birthday to you all. And not too long you get to add another, what a busy time of year. We hope everything goes well with the birth. Little boys are fun, and a lot less emotional.

Chelsey and Brandt said...

Hey- So my mother told me you had the baby, Where are the pictures? And I hope everythings is wel with everyone. Come Home This Summer!!!

Debbie said...

awww... hi amanda.. how are you doing? ur little girl is so cute! if you need anything let me know!

Liz & Jeff Dennis said...

February is just as busy for you guys with birthdays as it is for me! Happy Birthday Mandy, Christian and Mylee.

The Duncan's said...

Happy Birthday to you all and congrats on the new little guy!
You guy's are awesome!

Pace Family said...

HAppy birthday everyone...now kayla is really going to feel left out. I guess you have to have at least one more and plan it for a summer baby.

Alison said...

This is really cute and fun to read! You've got a great descriptive way of writing! I love the pictures! Happy Birthdays Peck Family!